The first Zenith-brand wristwatches arrived on the market in 1920.
The factory had produced fob watches since 1870s.
Prior to making watches, founded George Favre-jacot was a clock maker.
In 1954, Zenith won the Neuchatel Observatory prize for their chronometer wristwatches. In 1969, the line “El Primero” debuted. This was the first chronograph in the world equipped with a winding crown with a central rotor.
In 1971, the Zenith Radio Corp. took a majority stake in the Mondia-Zenith-Movado Group, which in 1984 was taken over by the North American Watch Co. In 2000, Zenith was taken over by the L.V.M.H. group.