Van Cleef & Arpels
Van Cleef & Arpels was established in 1906 by Alfred Van Cleef and his new wife, Estelle, along with her brother, Charles Arpels.
The firm was opened as a jewelry design house in Paris.
Eventually the company added Estelle’s other brothers, Julian and Louis, to the firm.
Van Cleef & Arpels was always recognized for their sophisticated style of jewelry. They offered their clients nothing but the best, using diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires.
It wasn’t until 1920 that the firm added watches to its line of luxury goods.