Baume et Mercier, Geneva watch manufacturer, was founded in 1918 by William Baume and Paul Mercier.
The venture proved to be a successful one.
In 1921, they were awarded the Poincon de Geneve, which recognizes companies offering ﬂawless, top-quality merchandise.
In 1937 Baume left the company and Mercier retired.
The firm continued to operate under the direction of jeweler Constantin de Gorski., and his partner, Robert Peron.
In 1965 the firm was acquired by Piaget.
Baume et Mercier still operates today, now owned by Cartier.